Beach Babes 2: Cave Girl Island
Reviewed by Rhonda Gilbertson
Rating: 10 Beans
ate one night while watching Cinemax at a friend's house, I was introduced to this movie--the apex of badness. My friend and I were expecting just another late-night soft-core porn movie, but were treated to something SO much better in Cave Girl Island that we now subject more innocents to it so that we may share the experience with others.
Summarizing the plot as best I understand it shouldn't take long; three scantily-clad bimbos crash-land their spaceship on a bizarre tropical island and wacky hijinks follow. Accompanied, of course, by lots of sex. Sex is pretty common to your late night movie channel fare, so I won't go into it....the best scenes of this movie are those that fill the time between the sex scenes. Fun things to watch for in this movie are:
1) Our bimbo friends Xena, Sola, and Luna (get it? They're from outer space!) repeatedly refer to a frightening volcanic eruption that in fact doesn't take place until the END of the movie.
2) Their sex partners have wonderful, creative names like Dusty, Rock, and Moon.
3) A character named Gund is introduced for some of the most bizarre and least-funny comic relief you'll ever be subjected to. One can only hope it was ad-libbed and that no writer ever came up with dialogue this strange.
4) Our heroines break into dances for no apparent reason, set to "intergalactic beats".
5) Cave Girl Island features the least-special special effects of any movie from 1995, especially in the scenes with the spaceship and the volcano, when it finally erupts.
And, saving the best for last...
6) The scene with the dinosaurs that SURELY had to have been lifted from another movie. It comes about so suddenly and awkwardly it's sure to leave you laughing hysterically!
In summary, this movie is so bad it has to be seen to be believed. You'll get great laughs from its sheer badness, and heck, you may even enjoy the sex scenes! Catch it on late-night cable while you still can!
"Bad Movie Night" is a presentation of
Hit-n-Run Productions, © 1997-2006,
a subsidiary of Syphon Interactive, LLC.
Site created and managed by Ken and Scoot