In Association with Amazon.com



A B C D E F G
H I J K L M N
O P Q R S T U
V W X Y Z *
WE ARE NOW SEEKING NEW PEOPLE TO WRITE REVIEWS
Details...


Title Search:

List All Reviews
New Reviews

Join Us!
Video Store
Reviews
Daily Dose
Games
Forum
Site of the Week
Home


About this Site
Contact Us

Disclaimer

The 100




Bean
(1997)
Reviewed by John Perry
Rating: 9 Beans

Buy This Title From Amazon.Com
BUY IT NOW
VHS - DVD
ven though I'm not too familiar with the British television show, "Mr. Bean", the episodes I have seen have made me laugh. Rowan Atkinson's facial expressions are hilarious while he gets into many misadventures in almost any possible situation.

However, the movie version of "Mr. Bean", called "Bean: The Ultimate Disaster Movie", is no laughing matter. Painfully unfunny and dreadful to watch, it's basically one skitch stretched out over 90 minutes of screen time. Many of the situations Mr. Bean gets in were taken straight from episodes of the TV show, and Hollywood treatment has dumbed them down to unbearable lows.

In the film, a prestigious art museum in London decides to send one employee to Los Angeles to assist the display of the painting Whistler's Mother. Of course, because he's the worst employee at the museum, the museum directors vote Mr. Bean to take off to America for a few months.

Once Mr. Bean arrives in America, he meets up with a Los Angeles art director (Peter MacNicol), who lets Bean stay with him and his family. Of course, at first Bean annoys the hell out of everyone he meets, then he eventually wins their hearts... blah blah blah, you know how the story goes.

About 90% of the jokes here are completely predictable, and the other 10% are so embarassingly unfunny that you DO laugh at how stupid they really are. MacNicol -- who once starred alongside Oscar winners Meryl Streep and Kevin Kline in "Sophie's Choice" -- should have known better than to play a part in this moronic mess, and Burt Reynolds even makes a cameo (before his comeback with "Boogie Nights").

Even the most diehard fans of "Mr. Bean" will probably find the movie version more annoying than funny.


Other reviews for this movie:

Chris Bjuland
Scott Murdock
Ken M. Wilson




"Bad Movie Night" is a presentation of
Hit-n-Run Productions, © 1997-2006,
a subsidiary of Syphon Interactive, LLC.

Site created and managed by Ken and Scoot